Posts for tag: Invisalign
It’s never too late to get a straighter smile thanks to Invisalign from our Boston office
Chances are good that you’ve heard of Invisalign, the clear way to fix your misaligned or crooked smile. Invisalign is designed for older teens and adults who want to get a straighter smile without having to wear visible braces. Here in Boston, our dentists, Dr. Edwin Riley, III, Dr. Edwin Riley, IV, and Dr. Rita Han, understand how important it is to both have a healthy smile and feel confident in your appearance. At this intersection, Invisalign comes in.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign uses custom-made aligners that fit like whitening trays over your teeth to shift teeth into the proper alignment. Each aligner is designed based off which teeth need to move during the course of your treatment and exactly how much they should move.
From there, the aligners are made to fit tightly over the teeth to apply the appropriate amount of pressure needed to gradually move teeth around. Each aligner is worn for around 22 hours each day and is replaced every two weeks.
What are the benefits of getting Invisalign treatment?
Invisalign is a unique orthodontic treatment, and therefore it shouldn’t come as much of a surprise that it also offers some unique benefits. These benefits include,
- Nearly invisible treatment: Instead of sporting metal on your teeth, you’ll wear aligners made from transparent thermoplastic, which makes them less visible when you smile or speak.
- Correcting many smile issues: While Invisalign might not be ideal for handling more complex tooth movements, it is ideal if you are looking to correct crowding, spacing between teeth, minor overlapping, or malocclusions such as overbites and underbites.
- A comfortable treatment: Aligners are custom-made to fit your mouth and offer smooth edges so that they are less likely to cause gum irritation as compared to traditional metal braces.
- Faster treatment with fewer dentist visits: On average, an adult can get a straighter smile in about one year with Invisalign. During your treatment, you will only have to come into the office about every six weeks rather than the standard four weeks with traditional braces.
- Ultimate convenience: Since aligners are removable, this means that you can continue to brush, floss, and maintain good oral health during your treatment. Furthermore, you can also continue to eat all of your favorite foods without restrictions. Just remove your aligners before meals and enjoy!
If you want to find out more about Invisalign and whether you are an ideal candidate for treatment, call Riley Dental Associates in Boston, MA, at (617) 723-4032 to schedule a consultation with us.
In the past, straightening your smile with orthodontic care was no discreet task. With traditional methods, metal brackets and wires permanently attached to the teeth were the only option to achieve a straight and beautiful smile. However, Invisalign allows you to subtly correct your orthodontic issues without the need for metal braces. Find out more about Invisalign and how it can help you with Dr. Edwin Riley, III, Dr. Edwin Riley, IV, or Dr. Rita Han at Riley Dental Associates in Boston, MA.
How does Invisalign work?
Invisalign works by using clear, plastic aligner trays to slowly move the teeth into new positions to provide a straighter smile and correct bite issues. Invisalign’s trays are customized to each patient’s teeth, ensuring the trays fit perfectly into their mouth. The trays come in a series with each tray slightly different from the last. Patients wear each tray for about two weeks before moving on to the next until the end of their treatment.
Straightening Your Smile Discreetly With Invisalign
Invisalign’s design allows it to be almost invisible and removable, two seriously beneficial aspects of this treatment. Traditional braces use metal wires and brackets permanently affixed to the teeth throughout the treatment. Invisalign’s trays simply pop in and out of the mouth to eat or brush your teeth, ensuring that you do not need to take any extra steps to eat the foods you love or properly clean your teeth. Though patients should wear Invisalign for at least 20 hours a day, they can also be removed for special occasions like the prom or giving a speech.
Invisalign Treatments in Boston, MA
Orthodontists recommend Invisalign for patients over the age of 12 since younger patients’ still-growing mouths may hinder treatment. In some cases, younger children may begin treatment early, but this varies from patient to patient. If you think you could benefit from Invisalign, speak with your dentist to ensure that this is the best treatment option for you and your teeth.
For more information on Invisalign, please contact Dr. Edwin Riley, III, Dr. Edwin Riley, IV, or Dr. Rita Han at Riley Dental Associates in Boston, MA. Call (617) 723-4032 to schedule your appointment with your Riley Dental Associates dentist today!
Are you interested in straightening your teeth with Invisalign but have a few questions about the process? Boston, MA, dentists Drs. Edwin Riley III, Edwin Riley IV and Rita Han explain how Invisalign works and share a few benefits of this innovative orthodontic treatment.
Straightening your teeth without wires
Twenty years ago, the only way to straighten teeth involved threading wires through brackets cemented on to the fronts or backs of teeth. Periodic adjustments to the wire tension gradually realigned teeth. The system was, and is, very effective, but it isn't the most attractive option.
Back in the 1990s, Stanford University student Zia Chishti had just had his braces removed and had been fitted with retainers to prevent his teeth from shifting. He theorized that it might be possible to use retainer-like trays to not only prevent shifting after orthodontic treatment but to actually move the teeth.
In 1997, his company introduced Invisalign, the first clear, removable brace system. Your dentist designs a series of aligner trays created to address your particular orthodontic issues. Trays exert gentle, continual pressure on the teeth, gradually changing their position. Each set of trays is designed to accomplish a specific straightening goal and is worn for two weeks.
Invisalign offers many benefits
The appearance of metal braces makes many people hesitate to straighten their teeth. Because Invisalign aligners are made of clear plastic, they're virtually unnoticeable when you wear them. Invisalign offers other important benefits, including:
- Simple Oral Hygiene: You won't have to buy any special flossing tools or spend 10 minutes cleaning your teeth when you wear Invisalign aligner trays. In fact, you'll remove your trays, then brush and floss your teeth the same way you always have.
All the Apples You Want:
- Wires can break when you eat hard foods, like raw apples and carrots. Invisalign trays are also removed when you eat, making the food restrictions common with metal braces unnecessary.
- Remove Your Aligners When Needed: No matter how unobtrusive your Invisalign trays, they can still get in the way sometimes. If you need to wear a mouthguard while playing sports or want to enjoy a special event in Boston without your trays, you can leave your aligners at home. Although it's fine to occasionally remove your trays, you'll normally wear them 20 to 22 hours per day.
Invisalign can transform your smile. Call Boston, MA, dentists Drs. Edwin Riley III, Edwin Riley IV and Rita Han at (617) 723-4032 to schedule an appointment to discuss Invisalign treatment.
Invisalign offers a cosmetic alternative to metallic wires and brackets, and can cut down on the treatment time (approximately 18 months to three years for braces). The dentists at Riley Dental Associates LLC, located in Boston, MA, recommend Invisalign for adults and older adolescents who need to straighten their teeth, but may not want to commit to traditional braces.
Over 4 million people receive orthodontic treatment in the United States every year according to the American Association of Orthodontists. The majority (approximately 78%) are children between the ages of 9 and 14. However adults are not immune to the need for orthodontic treatment later in life, and many are understandably hesitant to commit to traditional metallic braces. Orthodontic treatment with traditional braces can take longer for adults, whose teeth and bone structure have long settled into place.
Get Straighter Teeth with Invisalign in Boston, MA
Invisalign consists of a set of custom designed clear plastic aligner trays, which gradually shift the teeth into place, just like braces. Each tray is worn for approximately two weeks and can be removed for up to two hours a day, making it easier to maintain a normal oral hygiene and dietary routine. Because the trays are removable, there are no dietary restrictions. However, in order to be eligible for Invisalign, patients must be willing to commit to wearing the trays for at least 22 hours per day, every day.
The duration of treatment varies from person to person depending on their specific orthodontic needs, but the typical length for Invisalign users is 15 months.
Find a Dentist in Boston, MA
Invisalign has revolutionized orthodontic treatment for adults and older teenagers looking for a discreet and effective method for getting straighter, properly aligned teeth. For more information and to find out if Invisalign clear aligner trays are right for you, contact Riley Dental Associates, LLC by calling (617) 723-4032 to request an appointment today.
What you need to know about Invisalign treatment
If you’ve been thinking about straightening your teeth with orthodontic treatment but you don’t like the way braces look or you’re worried about how long it will take, have no fear! You need Invisalign, the virtually invisible way to straighten your teeth; best of all, with Invisalign it only takes 9 to 15 months to achieve a straight smile. Invisalign is quick, easy and comfortable. Your dentists at Riley Dental Associates in Boston, Massachusetts want you to explore what Invisalign can do for you.
Invisalign treatment involves clear plastic trays called aligners. Your dentists at Riley Dental Associates begin your treatment by providing your first set of custom-made aligners, which you will wear for 2 weeks. Then you replace your aligners with a new set, which you wear for another 2 weeks. You change to a new set of aligners every 2 weeks until your treatment is complete and your teeth are straight.
Your teeth will gradually and comfortably shift into position over a period of 9 to 15 months. You will visit your dentists at Riley Dental Associates every 4 to 6 weeks so they can check your progress. That’s it! There are no metal wires or brackets to irritate your mouth.
There are many reasons Invisalign is more patient-friendly than conventional braces. With Invisalign, you can count on:
- A high level of comfort because the aligners are smooth plastic
- Great cosmetic appeal because Invisalign is virtually invisible to you and everyone else
- A high level of convenience because you can take the aligners out when you want
- Greater satisfaction because you can eat the foods you love
- Better oral health because you can brush and floss normally, without using clumsy tools like floss threaders
Invisalign treatment can correct the same cosmetic and functional issues that conventional metal braces can, including crowded or unevenly spaced teeth, or a poorly aligned bite. You can now have a straight smile, quickly, comfortably and invisibly with Invisalign. It’s time to call your dentists at Riley Dental Associates in Boston, Massachusetts and find out more about Invisalign. Call today and get started on your new smile!