What Dental Implants Can Do for You
Do you have missing teeth? Do you want to rejuvenate your smile? Riley Dental Associates, L.L.C. can help you out! Here at our Boston, MA, office, we replace missing teeth by providing tried and true dental implants.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are synthetic tooth-like structures that replace missing tooth roots. These oral installations are state-of-the-art and the installation process is simple:
- Your dentist applies local anesthesia to the problem area in the jawbone before placing a titanium post into it. The titanium post is biocompatible, so your body will not reject it.
- Your dentist surgically seals the area and gives you a temporary crown so you can go about your regular activities.
- The titanium post will need to osseointegrate, which takes three to six months. This process simply means the titanium post will fuse with the bone, giving your teeth support and strength.
- When the three to six months pass, you will go back to your dentist. They will re-open the area and attach both an abutment and a permanent crown that matches the rest of your teeth.
You'll then walk out of our Boston office with a new smile! However, the advantages of implants go beyond a pretty smile. The procedure has a high success rate and can last a lifetime.
Other advantages include:
- Not having to worry about biting into and chewing your favorite foods
- They don't slip out of place like dentures, making them both comfortable and practical
- They provide your jawbone with the support it needs so that it doesn't shrink
Caring For Dental Implants
Implants mimic the look and feel of natural teeth and caring for them isn't difficult—it's the standard oral regimen of brushing your teeth twice a day and flossing at least once before bed while also maintaining a healthy diet. It's also a good idea to avoids sugary foods that produce plaque, a substance which leads to cavities, or something worse, like periodontal disease. In lieu of these foods, eat things like apples or carrots, that'll scrape off plaque from teeth, and remember to drink plenty of water to eliminate as much food debris as possible.
Call Riley Dental Associates at (617) 723-4032 to schedule your consultation at our Boston, MA, office!