Posts for: March, 2019
It’s never too late to get a straighter smile thanks to Invisalign from our Boston office
Chances are good that you’ve heard of Invisalign, the clear way to fix your misaligned or crooked smile. Invisalign is designed for older teens and adults who want to get a straighter smile without having to wear visible braces. Here in Boston, our dentists, Dr. Edwin Riley, III, Dr. Edwin Riley, IV, and Dr. Rita Han, understand how important it is to both have a healthy smile and feel confident in your appearance. At this intersection, Invisalign comes in.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign uses custom-made aligners that fit like whitening trays over your teeth to shift teeth into the proper alignment. Each aligner is designed based off which teeth need to move during the course of your treatment and exactly how much they should move.
From there, the aligners are made to fit tightly over the teeth to apply the appropriate amount of pressure needed to gradually move teeth around. Each aligner is worn for around 22 hours each day and is replaced every two weeks.
What are the benefits of getting Invisalign treatment?
Invisalign is a unique orthodontic treatment, and therefore it shouldn’t come as much of a surprise that it also offers some unique benefits. These benefits include,
- Nearly invisible treatment: Instead of sporting metal on your teeth, you’ll wear aligners made from transparent thermoplastic, which makes them less visible when you smile or speak.
- Correcting many smile issues: While Invisalign might not be ideal for handling more complex tooth movements, it is ideal if you are looking to correct crowding, spacing between teeth, minor overlapping, or malocclusions such as overbites and underbites.
- A comfortable treatment: Aligners are custom-made to fit your mouth and offer smooth edges so that they are less likely to cause gum irritation as compared to traditional metal braces.
- Faster treatment with fewer dentist visits: On average, an adult can get a straighter smile in about one year with Invisalign. During your treatment, you will only have to come into the office about every six weeks rather than the standard four weeks with traditional braces.
- Ultimate convenience: Since aligners are removable, this means that you can continue to brush, floss, and maintain good oral health during your treatment. Furthermore, you can also continue to eat all of your favorite foods without restrictions. Just remove your aligners before meals and enjoy!
If you want to find out more about Invisalign and whether you are an ideal candidate for treatment, call Riley Dental Associates in Boston, MA, at (617) 723-4032 to schedule a consultation with us.